Tumi Tegra-Lite Max Vs. Rimowa Salsa Deluxe Hybrid
Luggage Comparison: Tumi Tegra-Lite Max vs. Rimowa Salsa Deluxe Hybrid Carry-on Luggage
The Tegra-Lite Max Carry-On and the Rimowa Salsa Deluxe Hybrid Carry-On are two top tier bags that represent the cutting edge of the travel luggage industry. Feature packed and built to last, both of these lines are designed to fulfill the needs of travelers of all types. Whether you are looking for a practical piece of luggage for your next business trip, or you need something for your next vacation, both offer plenty of advantages.
With this in mind, we take a look at these two front-pocketed models to help you get an idea of which one is better suited to your requirements. Read on and discover the pros and cons of each in our comparison.
|Tumi Tegra-Lite Max||Rimowa Salsa Deluxe Hybrid|
|Packing||Easiest packing and most luxurious interior||Streamlined compression panels|
|Expandable design||More coverage for small folded items|
|Weight||9.4 lbs||Lightweight 8.8 lbs|
|Maneuverability||Three stage handle||Customizable height handle|
|Durability||More outer corner protection||Layer of polycarbonate|
When comparing packing, the question to ask is whether you are looking for classic packing with all the creature comforts, or a minimal design that offers more capacity. Both have their benefits, and it's down to you to decide which you prefer. Here’s how the two compare:
- The Tegra-Lite Max Carry-On brings a host of convenient features to their case: a garment bag sleeve, hanger hook, and tie down straps all offer the easiest packing and most luxurious interior. Plus, this is an expandable design that allows you to pack more into the case and check your bag on the way home.
- On the other hand, the Rimowa Salsa Deluxe Hybrid Carry-On has streamlined compression panels that can be packed to bursting and then compressed down to hold more. Not to mention that it has more coverage for small folded items which may slip through Tumi’s strap packing.
Particularly for regular travelers or vacationers traveling long distances, weight factors are of great interest. In most cases, the lighter a piece of luggage, the better. However, in similarly sized cases there is often no noticeable difference. Here then, we look at how both of these cases tip the scales:
- Streamlined features pay off for Rimowa, and their case weighs in at 8.8 lbs. This makes the Salsa Deluxe Hybrid lightweight enough to be maneuverable and manageable even when traveling long distances.
- Weighing 9.4 lbs, the Tumi Tegra-Lite Max is not significantly heavier. This means it is also suitable for long journeys as the extra few pounds do not have a dramatic influence on the maneuverability of this case.
As above, maneuvering your case through airports, train stations, and bus terminals comfortably is important for any traveler. Both these designs go toe-to-toe in terms of their multi wheel systems, however, there are a few other features that influence how easily these carry-ons move. Here we examine how they compare:
- The Rimowa Salsa Deluxe’s handle system is truly excellent when it comes to ease of travel. It has a customizable height that stops at your natural resting height for effortless movement.
- The Tumi Tegra-Lite Max favors a three stage handle that locks at specific height increments. While not quite as customizable as the Rimowa, this type of handle will be comfortable for many travelers.
The durability of any piece of luggage is an important feature, particularly for regular travelers who often check their luggage into the hold. Everyone knows that cases need to be able to withstand plenty of abuse on their own journey. Here then, we look at how the two measure up:
- The Tumi Tegra-Lite Max gives you more outer corner protection with their model. Additionally, an external bumper that shows less scratching and protects your zipper from sliding out of alignment is included.
- Rimowa offers a sleek design that has another layer of polycarbonate underneath its corners to help reinforce the integrity of the case. This ensures that it can withstand impacts when being dropped from height.
Tumi and Rimowa have always been industry leaders when it comes to producing premium luggage collections that stand the test of time. Here, both the Tegra-Lite Max and the Salsa Deluxe Hybrid stay true to this commitment to quality. The only question remaining is which case is better suited to your particular requirements.
If you are still having trouble coming to a decision, or you want more information on other examples within the Tumi or Rimowa collections, then please contact a member of the Kaehler team who will be happy to offer you further advice.