Brand Warranty Guide
Learn More About The Warranties Offered by Each Brand
One of the more challenging aspects to navigate when purchasing luggage is the various brand warranties offered. Every brand, or even every collection offered by a brand, may have a different warranty. It is important to know warranty guidelines in case your bag requires repair. With this in mind, here is a brand-by-brand breakdown detailing warranties and the kind of repairs you can expect to be covered.
- Limited - This means the warranty is limited to the bag’s functionality and is not inclusive of cosmetic issues.
- Global - Means you can get your luggage repaired anywhere in the world without having to return it to the location of purchase.
- Lifetime - If your bag has been worn to the point where parts will not make a difference in its ability to function, your bag no longer falls under warranty. This can be confusing since it is referring to the life of the bag and it’s ability to perform, rather than a traveler’s use of the bag for the rest of their lifetime.
Briggs & Riley
Simple As That Warranty
While a brand might cover a number of years in your luggage’s lifespan, it’s important to know just what that coverage includes. In the case of Briggs & Riley, the brand offers you a warranty for repairs over the bag’s entire lifetime. Briggs & Riley separates performance issues from cosmetic issues, and says they will only cover repairs on issues that hinder a bag’s ability to perform. Here, Briggs & Riley gives you photos and examples of the difference between cosmetic and performance issues that would qualify for their repairs warranty.
Global 5 Year Warranty
Tumi offers a five year warranty that can be broken down into two separate periods.
- 1st Year Coverage: The first year’s coverage is called the “worry-free” year. During this time Tumi will cover defects, damages, and wear and tear on the bag. If the bag is damaged beyond repair then Tumi will replace it. The only exemptions are cosmetic issues with the bag.
- 2nd through 5th Year: This period of the warranty on your Tumi luggage extends to cover normal manufacturing defects and regular wear and tear. However airline and transit damage will not be covered during this period of the warranty.
Global 5 Year Warranty
Rimowa, as a German brand, employs the European warranty model. If your bag experiences any defects or sustains damages affecting functionality, Rimowa will repair the bag for five years after purchase. Also, Rimowa’s bags happen to have user-replaceable wheels that a traveler can easily change out while on a trip.
*See the self-replaceable parts section below.
Victorinox provides warranties that vary between their collections. You won’t experience the same warranty between a lighter weight nylon fabric and a ballistic nylon since there are different levels of durability to accommodate specific customer needs. With this in mind, all of Victorinox’s bags are covered under different warranties that have stipulations specific to that luggage collection and its potential repair needs. The details can be found on Victorinox Travel Gear Warranty dedicated page. Here is the breakdown for each warranty:
- Lexicon - Global Lifetime Plus Limited Warranty
- Werks Traveler 5.0 - Carry with Confidence Guarantee
Architecture 3.0 - Carry with Confidence Guarantee
Spectra 2.0 - Global 10 Year Limited Warranty
- Altmont 3.0 - Global 10 Year Limited Warranty
5 Year Limited Warranty
The Bric's warranty will cover the functionality of your bag for a full five years. This warranty includes wear and tear, functional issues, and replacing or fixing defective parts. This last part is important as Bric's is an Italian company, which means some parts may need to be provided by the brand's manufacturers. Authorized repair centers such as Kaehler's have no trouble placing orders for these parts.
Tumi Alpha zipper pulls are user replaceable. Simply request a new zipper and the replacement will snap into the zipper holder. Additionally, Rimowa, Briggs & Riley, and select Victorinox wheels are simple one-screw wheels that you can easily remove and replace with a traditional screwdriver.
Some of the brands listed here (Tumi, Rimowa, and Victorinox) are global warranty brands that can send you part replacements anywhere in the world. Additionally, the brands we carry stand behind the products they sell, and will always seek to provide the best in customer service after purchase. Kaehler’s certified repair center will accept all the above brands, and all luggage bought through Kaehler maintains its brand repair warranty.