Opposites attract, so we built the Planing Tote to haul wet and dry gear at the same time and to prevent them from ever meeting. Sized for a full day at the beach and built for the long haul, the Planing Tote’s main compartment opens and closes quickly with a design we borrowed from traditional Japanese tool totes. It holds your towels, snacks and books and includes an internal zip-closing pocket for your keys and wallet. Seam taping throughout keeps water where it belongs, and a slick, easily cleaned fabric coating makes for quick tidying. The external mesh pocket (designed to lay flat when not in use) carries your wet towels and swimsuit, closes with an easy-access cinch cord and has drain holes to keep water from pooling. The adjustable grab handles feel soft in the hand and pull double duty as shoulder straps when you want to carry the tote as a backpack. Made of a tough yet limber 300-denier, 100% recycled polyester with a TPU-film laminate and 100% nylon mesh.
- Made from a tough yet limber all-recycled polyester fabric with a TPU-film laminate that excels at wet-gear management
- The stay-open main compartment closes like a classic Japanese tool tote
- The front mesh pocket has ample room for your wet gear; it’s designed to lie flat when not in use and has drain holes to allow water to escape
- A zip-closing mesh interior pocket keeps your small essentials close at hand
- The low-profile grab handles convert for use as a backpack
- 460 g (1 lb)